Terms and Conditions
A. GaySpiritFriends: GaySpiritFriends, established in Heerlen under Chamber of Commerce no. 50098136.
B. Event: A series of workshops and/or activities organized by GaySpiritFriends, Spirit Journeys and other co-facilitators.
C. Participant: a natural person, not acting as an entrepreneur, who has registered to participate in the event.
D. Organizer: GaySpiritFriends, Spirit Journeys, their facilitators and support staff.
Applicability of terms and conditions
1. These terms and conditions apply to all offers, activities, orders, agreements and deliveries of services by or on behalf of GaySpiritFriends.
2. GaySpiritFriends and participants may deviate from these terms and conditions if they have expressly agreed to do so in writing or by email.
1. Participation in the event is only possible for an individual who, set by the Organizer, has at least the minimum age of 18 years.
2. The Participant may only participate in the event when he will fill the application form fully and truthfully, if the fee is fully met at the designated bank account and if the participant has agreed to these terms.
3. If the Participant is unable, for any reason whatsoever, to participate, then the rules and relevant cost of cancellation apply.
4. The Organizer may in exceptional circumstances decide to cancel the event. If the event is cancelled, the Organizer will refund the entry fee.
5. A decision of the Organizer to cancel the event does not create liability for reimbursement of costs incurred by the Participant, including travel, accommodation and housing.
6. If the Participant appears too late for the start of the event, no (partial) refund of the fee is possible.
7. The Organizer can decide to change small parts of the program of the event. In such a case, there is no refund of the entry fee.
8. Code of conduct: We expect all participants to behave in a respectful and professional manner towards others at the retreat. Any behavior deemed inappropriate by the organizer will not be tolerated and may result in the participant being asked to leave the retreat without a refund.
1. The Organizer is not liable for any damage whatsoever which the Participant may suffer as a result of participation unless this damage is the direct result of the Organizer's attributable to intent or gross negligence. This disclaimer also applies to serious damage like all kinds of losses as a result of (permanent) injury or death.
2. If, notwithstanding the first paragraph of this article, the liability of the Organizer for damage by the Participant must be assumed, the obligation of the Organizer to pay compensation may not exceed the amount that the insurer of the Organizer in respect of that damage will release.
3. The Participant must be adequately insured against the risk of damage he or kin may suffer as a result of his death, injury or illness caused by his participation in the event.
4. The Participant shall indemnify the Organizer for any damage that third parties may suffer as a result of the Participant's acts or omissions relating to the participation in the event. The Participant must be adequately insured against the risk of liability for such damage.
Right of Portrait
By registering for this event, Participants consent to the following conditions regarding photographs taken at the retreat:
1. Participants agree to refrain from taking photos during planned retreat activities, and to limit photography to free times and public spaces at the retreat.
2. Participants agree to ask all persons at the retreat for permission before taking photographs, and to avoid taking pictures in which faces can be recognized if requested.
3. Participants agree to refrain from sharing photographs publicly through any medium, without explicit verbal permission from all persons recognizable in their photographs.
4. Organizers reserve the right to take photographs during retreat activities and during free times at the retreat, for use in any and all of its publications, including print or web-based publications, and to copy, edit, enhance, crop or otherwise alter any photo for use in their publications.
5. Organizers agree to consult with participants before publishing any photograph in which a participant's face can be recognized, and upon Participant's request to alter Participant's likeness to prevent recognition.
6. Participants understand that all photos taken by the Organizers are the property of the Organizers, and Participants are not entitled to any compensation or royalties with respect to the use of the photos.
1. The personal details provided by the Participant will be filed by the Organizer according to GDPR regulations.
2. The Participant, by signing up for the event, authorizes the Organizer to use the personal data for sending information to the Participant.
3. The Participant may at any time without charge object in writing or by e-mail to sending information by the Organizer. The Organizer will cease sending information once the objection has been received.
1. Cancellation of participation in the event is possible.
The following costs are associated with cancellation:
- If cancelled before 31st of May 2023, the Organizer charge € 75, - to the Participant, plus transfer costs for money transfers outside of Europe. It will be the same amount that is charged for sign-up.
- If cancelled in June or July 2023, the Organizer charge 50% of the booking to the Participant.
- If cancelled in August 2023, the Organizer charge 75% of the booking to the Participant.
- If cancelled in September 2023, the full amount paid for the event will be charged.
2. Participation in the event by the Participant is personal. However, the Participant can send a substitute Participant who can join, under the following conditions:
- The Participant shall no later than September 15th 2023, inform the Organizer.
- The substitute Participant shall send all necessary data to the Organizer.
- The Organizer cancels the booking and will pay back the money to the Participant as soon as the booking and the money of the substitute Participant have been received.
A cancellation request can be sent by email to GaySpiritFriends.
We strongly advice taking out appropriate travel- and cancellation insurance to cover your costs if you are unable to attend our event(s).
1. These general conditions and any agreement entered into between the Participant and the Organizer is subject to Dutch law.
Heerlen, January 1st, 2023
Chamber of commerce no: 50098136